Waterproofing is an essential part of making sure your home stays liveable for longer. Jaclyn Fitzgerald provides some useful tips on choosing the right waterproofing company for your home. She advises you to:
- Make sure they are fully licensed and insured, so you are protected in the event of a problem. Ask for credentials and references. Only the dodgy companies will be reluctant to provide them.
- Make sure the waterproofing products they will be using in your home meet the Australian Standard for residential waterproofing (this is AS3740).
- Get several quotes to compare prices and make sure they are all quoting on the same thing (they should come and inspect the job before quoting).
- Make sure they give you a timeframe for when the work will be completed.
- Choose a company that is willing to talk to you in layman’s terms about what is involved and what products they will be using.
- Make sure they offer a warranty of at least 10 years on all their work and that they issue you with a waterproofing certificate once the work is complete.